UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1071 - 09/10/02 08:33 PM 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Loc: Portland, OR; USA

UGN Security would like to take the time to honor in remembrance those acquaintances who had passed last year on September 11th in New York by Terrorists.

This post is to be kept serious, any out of hand posts will cause users to be removed from the site.

Please check the Bulletin Board here for our discussion.

Sponsored Links

#1072 - 09/10/02 08:36 PM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
tuatboaac Offline

Loc: usa
hear hear.

Fear him. For he is Fred, the bunny of Death.

#1073 - 09/10/02 08:41 PM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

I just thought that I'd let you all know also, the White House is at Terror Level II through this weekend.

Terror Level II is the second highest level of warnings, therefore their generally expecting something to be happening.

#1074 - 09/10/02 08:50 PM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
wizzy Offline
The other other white meat

Loc: Iowa
correct me if im mistaken, isnt the country moved up to oarnge warning((level II)) also i heard((just by watching fox news)) most of the plans theyve been "intercepting" would be for over seas attacks and not neccisarally in the u.s . just the info ive heard, It is accurate from what i have seen recently on the news.
also, the V.P has gone secure locations till the end of this weakend. hmm i think thats about all of my knowlage of stuff going on. Add on if anything else interesting youv seen or read about the anniversory ((No i did not mean interesting in a good way, just news about plans for the 11th, or anything like that))

#1075 - 09/10/02 09:16 PM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
BackSlash Offline
UGN's Resident Homo

Loc: TN
i don't think anything will happen, the government just puts out warnings because they want to be able to say "i told you so" if something happens. they have been criticized for not knowing about the original attack, and they want to make sure they cover themselves this time. i don't think they should bother warning us unless they have concrete evidence such as where, when, and with what. if all they can tell me is that there is a risk of another attack within the next few days somewhere in the US, then they might as well stay quiet. i could have told everyone that... hope thats serious enough gizmo

#1076 - 09/10/02 09:42 PM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
Cold Sunn Offline
UGN GFX Whore

Loc: us
When ohfuk said in another topic, "why should I care if a bunch of americans died a yr ago?" or something, I thought he should be smacked. I do care, i think it was a horrible thing. What i do not like, is the media taking advantage of it and showing it on tv all the time. Using scare-tactics to get ratings. I don't think teachers should make us write about it and things like that. I understand we need to defend ourselves, and be prepared, and I support that. I am against getting into a country-level shoving match with other countries. (sidenote, about those nukes, if we would stop fucking making them and stop maintaining the ones we have, and instead dispose of most of them, then we wouldn't have such a problem with them getting into the wrong hands, imo.)

Another thing that annoys me, is when everyone is going to show pride for our country tomorrow, but not the rest of the year. They wouldn't do it if so many peopl hadn't died, and it isn't even about pride so much as participation, for most people I mean. Those people that only care about donating blood and all that when something like this happens are annoying too.

I am sorry if this post is inappropriate, and if it is I have no problem with it being removed or edited out. But, I do want to honor those that died. Not just in this event, but in any event, ever.

#1077 - 09/10/02 10:14 PM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
hKzKnight Offline

Loc: LAN
Well hooah to all those who had a helping hand. I know they are flying fighters overhead (I see em/hear). I don't live far from the City. Anyway, they just keeping a watch out. As for bad mouthing bout this, thier opinion, yet still not c00. Cold sunn has point though.

#1078 - 09/11/02 10:40 AM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
SilentRage Offline
DollarDNS Owner

Loc: OH, USA
This is for ohfuk and anybody else who feels the need to complain...

Yeah, sure, those thousands of deaths had nothing to do with me and many other people. But what about all those relatives/friends of the ones who died huh? Would you be so selfish as to resent the fact that there's so much going on to honor those who have died for no good reason at all? Think about it dude, some fucking terrorists hijacked a couple of planes and made a total wreck of two very HUGE buildings just FILLED with people. What if YOUR dad was in that building? I'd be pretty pissed, who'd've thought that when you saw your dad last - that it really was going to be for the last time? Such a fuckin waste man, it's not even like those people went and died in a war - when they accepted the fact that they could die - when all friends and family accept that the person they know so well may die. But those people were just a bunch of businessman doing their everyday boring job at the office - and then after a few moments of terror and pain they died - not knowing why...

If it was you in that building, and you survived the shock of seeing so many people die - no wait, of seeing all those body parts charred and broken all over the ground. To see people jumping out of windows and plunging to their death - screaming all the way down... There's NOTHING - NOTHING - that can make it better. For those who lost loved ones - there's NOTHING that can bring them back. How DARE you resent the honor and remembrance on those who died and suffered. Don't you DARE think that after all those people went through, that we're just going to pretend it never happened and didn't matter.

So no more complaining ok? - from anybody. We don't need to hear it.

#1079 - 09/11/02 11:13 AM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
HighLander Offline

Loc: Canada
AMEN, I send a prayer out to all those who lost someone and to all those that died.... [Angel]

#1080 - 09/11/02 12:14 PM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

For those who sit and whine like OhFuk, you may not have lost a friend in the whole incodent, I lost three, you may not have a reason to even mourne over people, but I do, so do many others.

A downside to the whole event (even worse) todays my 1 year anniversery from signing up for selective service :/... (September 11th 2001 at 2:30AM, I smoked a joint at 4:20, saw everything on TV)...

#1081 - 09/11/02 03:07 PM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
HighLander Offline

Loc: Canada
Damn Giz, Well I was already in the military at the time (Canadian) and was visiting family in IL, and was justing crosing the border back into Canada to go back on Duty when it happened, got stuck at the closed border for like 5 hrs, and lost my uncle in the attack...

#1082 - 09/11/02 10:53 PM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
Mornse Offline

Loc: Vancouver
I have a few points. One, as everyone has said, this was a horrific event and though I can't imagine what it was like for the people and families of victims involved, I send my condolances. Two, I fully agree that there should be ceremonies and all that to remember them. Three, enough with the propoganda. The news stations have far too much propoganda trying to show that Americans were the total victims and so on. Americans and Canadians also bombed and killed thousands of people in Afghanistan, so we are not void of sin. Four, it's unfair that we only remember this event specifically because it was against Americans. Did many of you know that on September 11th, 1973, 3000 people also died in the Chilean Coup? Why don't we remember those people on this day? I'm not trying to take away from remembering the people in the World Trade Centers, I'm just saying that it's not fair to only remember those because they were American.

http://www.dopeskill.com

#1083 - 09/12/02 05:48 AM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
Predator Offline

Loc: Belgium
Well Mornse, I should post why, but than again, i would be eaten alive by 99% of the people in here (cause they are american)

But this is something I came accross on the net:

Quote:
-- Susan Sontag, in the Sept. 24 issue of the New Yorker
"Where is the acknowledgment that this was not a 'cowardly' attack on 'civilization' or 'liberty' or 'humanity' or 'the free world' but an attack on the world's self-proclaimed superpower, undertaken as a consequence of specific American alliances and actions? How many citizens are aware of the ongoing American bombing of Iraq? And if the word 'cowardly' is to be used, it might be more aptly applied to those who kill from beyond the range of retaliation, high in the sky, than to those willing to die themselves in order to kill others."

#1084 - 09/12/02 08:35 AM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
SilentRage Offline
DollarDNS Owner

Loc: OH, USA
Another point to bring up, which I was reminded of by Predator's quote... There's a bit of a difference between acts of war or retaliation by a government, and an act of terrorism by an individual/organization. Governments are visible, and can be dealt with. But what about terroristic groups? They're a lot harder to stamp out.

This is not just about 3000 people dying Mornse. This is about 3000 people dying by a terrorist attack on the very powerful USA. If we can't prevent it - who can? That's the fear. That's what makes it especially memorable.

#1085 - 09/13/02 03:54 PM Re: 1yr anneversery September 11th, 2001
Cold Sunn Offline
UGN GFX Whore

Loc: us
I do think they should be remembered and honored. What I don't like, is the people taking advantage of it. Or the people that only care because it got so much attention. That only want their blood donation to go to the wtc, instead of wanting to do it anyways. I do think it is good that it made people want to help, but I wish people wanted to help already.

Yeah, I would probably feel different if my dad had died in it. But, I would hate seeing the buildings collapse from every angle alot more than I already do. I used to watch the Pulse, but I stopped because of two things. One, because we got extended cable back so O'Reilly Factor was within reach again. The other, because of their gay scare tactics about how watching it could save my life. Then, of course, it just explained that if a plane hit a nuclear power plant, it would damage the plant and not create a huge ass explosion and radiate the area for thousands of years.

I try to avoid stuff about things like the WTC attacks. I don't think everyone should forget about it, or not stay informed. Obviously people need to know about things, but it annoys me after so much.

It is going to be really annoying if some other event happens, (non-terrorist related) and people start focusing on that. I doubt it will happen since this is so big, but that crap is so annoying, how people will act like something is impoortant but forget it when something else happens. Again though, i don't think it will happen with 9 11.

Edit: left out a word, it made no sense before.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Infinite 
Featured Member
Forum Stats
2152 Members
46 Forums
36190 Topics
71360 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 05:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 29351
Gremelin 7193
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
cdefgh368568, HushHush, golqm, Tim050, Gecko666
2151 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 386 Guests and 344 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!