UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#16108 - 12/30/02 05:25 AM programing linux
DarNessX Offline

Loc: texas
I just installed linux mandrake v.9.0 and i need help programing it.

Sponsored Links

#16109 - 12/30/02 06:36 AM Re: programing linux
Asteos Offline

Loc: Nadia
Talk to Le4rner ... er, $in_Tax. He seems pretty up to date with Mandrake9.

#16110 - 12/30/02 08:51 AM Re: programing linux
Infinite Offline

Loc: Canada eh
Why don't you start by telling us what it is you want to do. You didn't really ask anything there.

Infinite

#16111 - 12/30/02 09:39 AM Re: programing linux
DarNessX Offline

Ok If you wanna know what Im wanting to do it is this.. in my past experience with UGN Security Ive been told to say "leading or follow up questions" meaning dont just say right in bold letters "I WANT TO LEARN TO HACK IN LINUX" so ive read tons of the forum post's and they have said to do leading Questions although a leading question to me wanting to learn to hack through linux would NOT be how to program it. But anyways to be more specific ive wanted to basically "hack"/ "connect" to other comps with Exploits or whatever i would need., Wanting to know what to do with the exploits after i "compile" them, in mandrake 9.0... I compiled them by simply typing cc tracerout.c -o traceroute I know this post maybe should be in the newbie forums but everytime i post there i never get any HELPFUL responses..

Really need help, Im not out to "HACK" as in harm anyone just want to basically learn it so i would know how to hack if the time ever came down to it with me needing too..

#16112 - 12/30/02 11:19 PM Re: programing linux
sinetific Offline
nobody

Loc: Ann Arbor
you talk in circles, but I think I deciphered this from your incoherent rambling.

-You want to learn how to hack.

-You have been told not to ask "How do I hack"

-You dont want to learn programming.

-You just wanna learn enough to "HACK" some if it ever came down to you really needing to.

-You can compile and run programs.

-You dont know what to do with them once you have.

So basically you came here asking "how do I program with linux" not even really knowing what programming is (at least thats what I get from what you've said). Really, you dont want to learn anything. You just want to be able to fuck shit up without understanding how anything works or why it works. I think you've officially reached the level of "wannabe script kidiot".

What do you want from us? You want us to give you exploits and point you in the direction of vulnerable machines? Its not gonna happen.

Ok so im going to give you the answers to you questions.

You program linux with a programming language. C, perl, python, Bash Scripting, ruby and others.
Learn one. Most exploits are written in C, and since that seems to be the direction your heading, I'd go for that.

#16113 - 12/31/02 05:23 AM Re: programing linux
DarNessX Offline

I Don't really appreciate you telling me im a "idiot" for 1 i did not type the first question which was, How do i program linux my friend did because he is dumb when it comes to computers and i was in the middle of reading linux tutorials, You are correct in 1 thing and that is I wanna learn to hack when it comes down too it.. You must specialize in being a smart ass because u sure did be one. Another issue, i do know what "programming" is.. incoherent rambling? where did you grab this bit of information from? I simply listen to what people of this board have stated exactly what not to do and that is not just come out and say " i wanna learn to hack can u teach me?" No I dont do that but when im asked what im wanting to learn to do yes thats about all i can say. I come to these forums to get help not to get ran down by someone that thinks hes a hotshot cuz hes an Moderator of the board. I do not want you to point me in any direction to any vulnerable computers, now thats YOU putting words in my mouth, i simply wanna know is what do i do after i know how to compile and run the exploits.. Whats my next step you know? I dont want you to just say ok heres an IP now go get em buster.. I just needed help so this was one of the places my friends have told me to come for help and thats why i came.. So if you people do truely care to help me out it would be greatly appreciated.. oh ya and thanks again sinetific for being a smartass and showing ur true colors

#16114 - 12/31/02 05:54 AM Re: programing linux
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster

Loc: Merrill, IA, USA
after compiling, you use them.
try neworder.box.sk or blacksun.box.sk for tutorials on exploits. neworder has a whole section on it.

#16115 - 12/31/02 08:08 AM Re: programing linux
Digital Geek Offline
UGN Super Poster

Loc: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Here are some books for you if you really want to learn (they were posted in another topic a while back). Read some books about Unix/Linux security HERE , and more about C/C++ programing HERE .

#16116 - 12/31/02 11:54 AM Re: programing linux
DarNessX Offline

Well I know about Exploits now etc.. The only thing is i dont know where to start or what to do with them after they are compiled.. and I havent had any luck on finding a website or tutorials period on what to dow ith an exploit after its compiled or what to do with one period.. so maybe that could be something yall could help me on thanks!!

#16117 - 12/31/02 12:54 PM Re: programing linux
Predator Offline

Loc: Belgium
Ugh, now this really is the definition of a script kiddie. "I just wanna f*ck around but i don't know how it works, so please help me so i can show off how l33t i am".

Quote:
The only thing is i dont know where to start or what to do with them after they are compiled.. and I havent had any luck on finding a website or tutorials period on what to dow ith an exploit after its compiled or what to do with one period..
Omg this means you didn't even try looking for it. There are places enough to find how it works, even already posted above. Geez. And most of the the time to find information is the most logical place. (up to you to find out what i mean)

Well to answer your question. Hmm not a good idea, so i won't. But maybe a little hint "./"

Ooh and another thing. If you finally figured out what to do with the exploit. Don't come back whining here cause it doesn't work. It doesn't work like this: "ooh this exploit has a nice name let's download it and use it on every linuxbox i come across"

#16118 - 12/31/02 10:18 PM Re: programing linux
SilentRage Offline
DollarDNS Owner

Loc: OH, USA
buahaha... count on predator to make a quick stop in UGN Security every now and then and flame a kiddie.

#16119 - 12/31/02 10:23 PM Re: programing linux
DarNessX Offline

hehe sorry for the script kiddie shit but we all gotta start somewhere and now i understand how to use them now i read after i posted and now they make sense thanks guys!

#16120 - 01/01/03 03:46 AM Re: programing linux
Predator Offline

Loc: Belgium
True SR, i did flame him, but i gave him some tips

True, you have to start somewhere, and that somewhere is with your nose between books, reading like you've never read before

OOh and i like your quote.

and a happy newyear

#16121 - 01/01/03 06:02 AM Re: programing linux
Asteos Offline

Loc: Nadia
Quote:
Originally posted by Predator:

Well to answer your question. Hmm not a good idea, so i won't. But maybe a little hint "./"
hehe I like that. I think we've just witnessed the birth of a script kiddy. Any luck with the actual programming of linux DarNessX? I could have sworn you started this topic to get feedback on programming, not how to use exploits. If you plan on reading books, O'Reily is a good publisher of computer books. As is Wiley. Look for their books, good stuff

#16122 - 01/01/03 09:25 AM Re: programing linux
DarNessX Offline

Well the original post was not posted by me, friend really didnt know what to type and at the time i didnt either because i did not have sploits at the time.I have had a friend spoon feeding me info on hacking and he finally stopped. So now im learning alone, since the begining of this post ive learned so much and i really appreciate it.. But i am wanting to learn how to use exploits etc. and ./ ive tried everyway i could and I thought ./ was for directories or something. ./ seems to give me stuff saying this is a directory or ./ is a directory, its kinda confusing, and Asteos on that last comment that you posted that was edited by the admins. if u would like to send that to [email protected] i would love to read it.. no matter what it says i dun really care here to learn thanks again guys.. Can anyone also give me a couple Exact links to some Using Exploit Tutorials or something?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Infinite 
Featured Member
Forum Stats
2145 Members
46 Forums
33392 Topics
68559 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 10:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 26555
Gremelin 7192
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
Jimmie Menon, fghijk435948, Devo60, ali, lavos
2147 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 587 Guests and 338 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!