UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#21358 - 11/27/02 03:25 PM Re: my essay on public schools security
Cold Sunn Offline
UGN GFX Whore

Loc: us
That's a really good point jon. I never really thought of it that way, more of a "there is no undo button" approach is what I had.

Kind of reminds me of how society says drugs aren't the answer but when they can't help you they just give you legal drugs to make you forget the problems.

I am still in favor of having a police figure in my school, but them being armed I am not sure about. The 2 SRO's at my school are nice guys, and they haven't done anything I wouldn't approve of, that I know of anyways. They don't hassle anyone or anything, just kind of walk around and hang out unless they are needed or until they see someone doing something wrong. Like I said, maybe my school still hasn't gotten as bad as some of yours.

I do think it is wrong to adjust your life to the possibility of danger. That is like letting kids that shoot up their schools steal part of your lifestyle, or terrorists, or snipers, all of them scaring people. The media (mostly the news systems) is a colossal whore and should take responsibility for most of the desensitizing and alot of the problems they blame on everyone else.

After jon's post, I am not sure what my stand is. But I do think my school's security and administration is fine, it could be better but this is good enough for me. Too many people in the world that don't want to really fix the problems I guess. intelligent post jon.

Sponsored Links

#21359 - 11/27/02 04:37 PM Re: my essay on public schools security
Digital Geek Offline
UGN Super Poster

Loc: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I just want to say this:

I know moust peoples in US think that having a gun is a right, and it is considered probably one of the moust important rights. The right to be able to defend yourself, there for owning a gun/weapon.

US is not the only country that has school violence. Other countries in the east europe have the same problem. But because it is VERY difficult to own a gun, at least in Romania, the school violence is often reduced to two large groups confrunting them selfs with bats, knifes, and other objects that can be used to inflict harm, but not a gun.

Allthought one can get beaten preety badly, we never had anyone die before in a school conflict.

We have guards in schools in Romania to, but they are not armed. Why ? Because we never had shootings on school ground, or outside the schools. Therefor there is no need for the guard to have a gun. Usually what the guard does, is that in case of a major conflict, that he can not stop by himself, before they start the beating, he calls the police.

The thing I'm trying to say, is that perhaps it's a little bit to easy to own a gun in US, and thus more easy to shoot/kill people. The saying goes : "Guns don't kill people, stupid people kill people." Well yeah, but having a gun sure makes it a lot easyer for a stupid one to kill everyone he wants.

I think that if it would be more dificult to own a gun, it would be a lot more dificult for a student to go on a rampage and start killing everyone with let's say a bat. If the students could not have access to guns, there would be no need for school guards to be armed. The danger would be, in a way, smaller, and the number of unarmed school guards would be smaller to.

Just my opinion.

#21360 - 11/27/02 04:53 PM Re: my essay on public schools security
Cold Sunn Offline
UGN GFX Whore

I think everyone should have the right to own a gun that deserves it. People convicted of felonies or violent crimes and such don't deserve it. Sorry to those guys, but that is what you get. I also believe that it is alot easier for people to shoot someone and kill them instantly than to stab them to death. I am so sick of all that violence shit. It takes alot to get me to fight someone, I don't see how some people can just fight the way they do. The shootings thing is deeper, and I understand that a little more. But some guys just ask to fight so they can feel manly, those dumbasses.

#21361 - 11/28/02 09:19 AM Re: my essay on public schools security
Curse Offline

Enforcement Admin

Loc: San Andreas
If people wanted to really hurt people badly at school and didn't have a firearm, they could easily do it... For example, what if they made an explosive device from house hold chemicals? Or made Chlorine Gas from house hold chemicals... See my point? If kids are going to kill other kids, they will do it whether they have a gun or not... And another thing, we all know have libral and biased the US News Media is, so what are the chances that non-firearm related incindents have occured at public schools, but were not reported?

#21362 - 11/29/02 05:53 PM Re: my essay on public schools security
Cold Sunn Offline
UGN GFX Whore

It's easy for me to imagine a Pro-Gun Control candidate from presidency paying off a few major news stations to focus on those stories, and the other stations would follow.

/me just remembered those wankers that tried to sell the diary of one of the girls that died in columbine to all the kids at our school. those fucking leeches.

#21363 - 11/29/02 06:46 PM Re: my essay on public schools security
dashocker Offline

Loc: Cornfields everywhere...
Not uh dude, its gotta be the video-games and violent TV shows and what not....

#21364 - 11/30/02 03:03 AM Re: my essay on public schools security
Cold Sunn Offline
UGN GFX Whore

/me wonders wtf dashocker is saying

Edit:

nm, i thought I was reading from a different window, the one i had "the funniest website ever" in.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Featured Member
Forum Stats
2145 Members
46 Forums
33404 Topics
68571 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 10:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 26567
Gremelin 7192
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
Jimmie Menon, fghijk435948, Devo60, ali, lavos
2147 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 713 Guests and 312 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!