UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28142 - 07/01/03 11:42 AM Re: New Custom-Built Computers Site
fleshwound Offline

Loc: CO
oh, i have a good deal for someone if they are interested.

jonathon's cousin's wife is starting up a marketing agency. one of the partners messed up and bought a few domain names. they don't want them anymore and are selling them. it would be dsw.com, dsw.net and dsw.org. she also has a kickass logo made that would go with it. it was supposed to be for a graphics/digital media site. so if any of you are interested, let me or jonathon know. she's selling all 3 domain names and the logo for $200.

Sponsored Links

#28143 - 07/13/03 05:06 PM Re: New Custom-Built Computers Site
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster

Loc: Merrill, IA, USA
k, i have exact prices now from the main supplier. So here we go. I will try to get some system orders in the next few months. However, beings we have no capital, if you trust me, please send me specs to [edited] and I will give you a reply for an exact quote. We can work out payment from there. If you wish to have the system before paying, that is fine too. I am just leary of building systems and then being out the cash for them if someone changes their minds.

So if you want a new PC, let me know because I will be placing my initial parts order in about 3 weeks.

#28144 - 10/30/03 09:00 AM Re: New Custom-Built Computers Site
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster

OK. It was pushed back for a long time, but we are now opening a online computer store w/ various other parties. We expect to be online in 2-3 weeks at the most. I am installing the OSCommerce site tonight and tomorrow, so we will have that up very soon and I will provide the URL. We are still thinking of promotional ideas for various site users such as UGN Security. If you have any more suggestions or have a venue where we may advertise, please drop a line to [email protected]

Also, the store will be for ordering parts only. We expect to have very lower prices, even lower than NewEgg. However, these will not be custom-built. You can have them custom built by request, but for now it is simply the parts. So you DIYers can build a high-end system @ a budget price.

#28145 - 10/30/03 10:13 AM Re: New Custom-Built Computers Site
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster

Our store is now up and running. We are currently working the bugs out and adding our inventory (Which will take a while for the initial inventory + getting used to this wonderful piece of software). We are looking for trustworthy ppl to register and play around w/ the site to see if you get any error messages or any errors in our configuration. And to just let us know what you think. Again, contact [email protected]

Thank you.

#28146 - 11/09/03 03:47 AM Re: New Custom-Built Computers Site
fearENKI Offline

whats hte URL..im looking to build my own comp pretty soon........www.krex.com

#28147 - 11/12/03 07:13 AM Re: New Custom-Built Computers Site
? Offline
UGN Member

I'm not sure how you plan on doing this but I think a good idea would be to have the basic models you were talking about and once you select one to be able to add or upgrade/downgrade every part of the system. Also, having side-by-side comparisons of the basic model and your customized model with the price difference displayed would be nice. Something like this:

Gamer PC Your Gamer PC
___________|_________________
CPU CPU
Memory Memory
Graphics Graphics

___________ ________________
Total Price Total Price

Other ideas:
-Maybe give trade in option to deduct a little of the price in exchange for old computers (1-2 years) which can be refurbished and sold in other markets or taken apart for pieces.

-Offer a free periodic security scan for your customers who buy a 3 year warranty. This will maybe get more people to buy the warranty. Then you can run tools such as Nessus just to uncover the most obvious holes and tell them how to fix this. an individual scan an written report should not take more then 25-30 minutes to an hour. If you are lookin for people to help with this just holla.

-On purchase offer a buy-back option to make sure those customers come back again to do business with you. There is no business, like repeat business. The buy-back option can be either monetary or in the form of an discount for the next purchase.

-Give discounts for frequent buyers. For example: after spending $1,000, they get an $100 credit.

-Rate each system or use websites do that kind of stuff. When somebody is putting together a PC and it's rating is low, he might be tempted to spend a little more jus to get a higher rating. (geeks are so predictable)

- Have a forum where people can post the systems they bought for you and how satisfied they are.

-Have articles on your website the deal with things such an over-clocking, BIOS, and how to put together a PC. If you have informational content on the site, people will come there to read an learn or talk to other people (via chat or board) and maybe later on they might come back to buy a system from you. If you have no content only those people that know exactly what they want an that were refered to you for some other place will do business with you.

-Come up with a advertizing strategy that has one central theme and one catchy logo and/or company moto. "If we build it, you will cum." (ok, bad example)

-when advertizing, use price of systems without OS preinstalled to make it as low as possible.

Cases:

Translucent Cases (see-through for idiots)

Unique colors and/or design for each model

blah blah blah, I can't type anymore. maybe I should start my own business, I got enough ideas for it. j/k, good luck with everything jon, if you need to ask me a question about any of the ideas i gave you, email me at [email protected] peace.

-dak

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Featured Member
Forum Stats
2145 Members
46 Forums
33393 Topics
68560 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 10:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 26556
Gremelin 7192
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
Jimmie Menon, fghijk435948, Devo60, ali, lavos
2147 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 595 Guests and 335 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!