UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28630 - 06/25/02 03:37 PM Re: How stuff WILL work
Le4rner Offline
UGN Supporter

Religion and Science is a bit deep for me SR,
(Yes I belive in god)

But I belive in the possibility of time travle. I mean why not. Man has made the impossible hapen time and again. But I do agre just by you going back you would change things. Just thrusting matter back in time would cause change. And if you moved anything or did anything, talked to anyone, I belive it would cause a fork in time. 2 time lines, call them demesions if you want. But I think it would be the same demession just one after the change and the one you lived.

Personaly I do not belive anyone should ever do it. Not to see if a person on trial realy did it, or even to just check things out, or to get rich. You never know what you could change.

Sponsored Links

#28631 - 06/25/02 03:39 PM Re: How stuff WILL work
thebluegiant Offline

Just to butt in real quick . . .

Quote:
As for the argument over dimensions or universes, i think it is pretty obvious what someone means when they say alternate dimension. Let's not nitpick. Unless by alternate universe you mean another universe that is physically far away from here but i thought the universe included everything.
The missing word is parallel. Par and several other people have used it, so you all mean the same thing. It's parallel universes though.

And check out some stuff by Michio Kaku and superstring theory. Superstring doesn't directly relate to this (though dimensions-wise it does), but it's interesting nonetheless, and Michio has written extensively on multiple dimentions/parallel universes, though how many of these are online is unknown to me.

#28632 - 06/25/02 04:29 PM Re: How stuff WILL work
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Loc: Portland, OR; USA
Think of things like this

::puts barret on::

I could choose to go and fuck my neighbors wife, and I could choose not to, two different descisions, in some lifeline i would have done the one, and off of that i would have gotten caught and i would have not gotten caught, and from that and normal time that i see as normal now it'd be totally different but the same only with that descision.

Everything happenes, its just how do you want it to seem to the you you think you are .

::takes off hat and slams head against desk::

PS, my military hat makes me feel smart and sexy ::hides in corner::

#28633 - 06/25/02 04:52 PM Re: How stuff WILL work
quicksilver Offline

Isn't superstring theory an effort to create the unified theory( aka theory of everything)? I remeber reading an article by him on the net once blue, I will try to find it again and post a link up. Superstring theory--a world based on vibrating strings existing in ten dimensional hyperspace--all seems a bit silly when you say it like that.

#28634 - 06/25/02 04:58 PM Re: How stuff WILL work
quicksilver Offline

http://www.mkaku.org/hyper.html

Haha, I knew I would find it. It was real hidden though. Who woulda thought he would host articles he has written on his website. Hell don't these big scientist people know that you are supposed to hide all the really good information on some obscure FTP server.

Anyway, there is alot of other stuff he has written there too.

#28635 - 06/25/02 05:22 PM Re: How stuff WILL work
Paragon Offline

Quote:
Personaly I do not belive anyone should ever do it. Not to see if a person on trial realy did it, or even to just check things out, or to get rich. You never know what you could change.
At first I was in agreement, but then I thought about it more, and now I'm not so sure. (Maybe I should keep thinking first).
If no-one ever does it, then how would we know for sure that it works, or what it would really be like? Also, every decision we make changes things all the time, and we have no idea how what we do is changing the possible outcome of things. How do you know things woouldn't turn out for the better? Besides, it's an alternate universe. It has no effect on the timeline you came from, so it's not like you'll disappear if you kill your parents.
Quote:
The missing word is parallel. Par and several other people have used it, so you all mean the same thing. It's parallel universes though.
I prefer the term alternate to parallel.
Quote:
And check out some stuff by Michio Kaku and superstring theory. Superstring doesn't directly relate to this (though dimensions-wise it does), but it's interesting nonetheless, and Michio has written extensively on multiple dimentions/parallel universes, though how many of these are online is unknown to me.
I have some books by him. Good stuff.
Quote:
PS, my military hat makes me feel smart and sexy ::hides in corner::
LOL!
Quote:
Isn't superstring theory an effort to create the unified theory( aka theory of everything)? I remeber reading an article by him on the net once blue, I will try to find it again and post a link up. Superstring theory--a world based on vibrating strings existing in ten dimensional hyperspace--all seems a bit silly when you say it like that.
Yeah, pretty much. M-Theory is more advanced though. Look that up.

#28636 - 06/25/02 05:38 PM Re: How stuff WILL work
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

I love how he takes sections out of all of our posts... especially my millitary hat post :x...

#28637 - 06/25/02 06:05 PM Re: How stuff WILL work
SilentRage Offline
DollarDNS Owner

Loc: OH, USA
it's a sign of a organized, efficient, and analytical person. My dad is the same way, I also do that to a smaller extent.

#28638 - 06/25/02 10:41 PM Re: How stuff WILL work
Cold Sunn Offline
UGN GFX Whore

Loc: us
I eat carrots

#28639 - 06/26/02 08:04 AM Re: How stuff WILL work
Paragon Offline

LOL!

#28640 - 06/26/02 08:12 AM Re: How stuff WILL work
Paragon Offline

Dude, that was my 55th post, and it was also the 55th post in this thread. Odd.

#28641 - 08/04/02 03:04 AM Re: How stuff WILL work
Cold Sunn Offline
UGN GFX Whore

Loc: us
I know this is an old post, but I didn't want to start a new topic on something I think relates to this.

I heard that theory awhile back that our universe keeps expanding, then when it slows down to a stop it is pulled back together and the opposite of the big bang happens. (i think that is what the theory is)

So i was thinking, what if this happened over and over again and it would be like the different dimensions each time. I guess that would be the same physics and everything. So then traveling between dimensions could actually just be time travel, going a certain amount of time to the next or previous cycle. So i guess this would mean there are infinate cycles that happened the exact same, i mean if it is random then that means it would happen eventually and if it goes on forever then they would all have infinate clone cycles.

Paragon, i think it was, said that the theory that each dimension is just one detail different from another is pretty common, so i think this one probably would be too.

#28642 - 08/04/02 06:54 AM Re: How stuff WILL work
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Quick question, I didn't want to comment but it was based on time and space...

Theories are just that, their ideas that are ideas until proven correct or wrong.

The universe always does expand, i mean look at black holes, etc, think of them like "babies" etc...

I'm half asleep so if i sound like a moron ah well...

But its doubtful that it'd be able to just go back in time to visit alternative universes since say you went and sluged your mom in her stomach, there would be many alternative universes for that, there'd be one where you didn't hit her, one that you stabed her, one that you shot her, one that she went to the hospetal, one that she shot you, etc...

It'd be nearly impossible for ALL of those to be avalable in a timeframe that it didn't happen..

#28643 - 08/12/02 12:01 AM Re: How stuff WILL work
Napoleon Offline

Loc: A place with tangerine trees a...
well on the subject of time travel id have to say that if you go back in time and u do something the end result would be the same becasue it was meant for you to go backin time and do whatever you did. in thus the present would remain the same.

please exuse me if im not making any sense being as i too am 1/2 asleep

#28644 - 08/12/02 08:33 AM Re: How stuff WILL work
SilentRage Offline
DollarDNS Owner

Loc: OH, USA
I've already stated that theory.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Featured Member
Forum Stats
2152 Members
46 Forums
36182 Topics
71352 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 05:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 29343
Gremelin 7193
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
cdefgh368568, HushHush, golqm, Tim050, Gecko666
2151 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 299 Guests and 333 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!