UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28659 - 01/28/03 08:51 AM Our fast paced society and its impact on us
§intå× Offline

Loc: Maryland
Ever thought about it? How many people do you know that are bi polar? How many do you know that are on anti depressants? What if we weren't ever meant to live this way? At rhe risk of ringing the paranoina bell... How much of society works all their lives to make a handful rich. How many of us are truly free. Sure we can go to the movie and take in culture that makes us want buy stuff. Or act a certain way.

I would like to know the stats of mental illness since the 1950's till now. Ever think about the amount of law enforcement on payroll these days verses the amount back then and how crime has gone up? Where do you think it will end?

Here is what I see. People are starting to not be able to take scociety as we have created it. Our answer? Drugs to allow them to get back in the game. That is kinda like a sci-fi movie isn't it? I am sure some of you will dissagree. But if you do, how do you account for the rise in mental illness? Most peoples desire to keep moving, and the urge to get things done faster? Computer were supposed to take our work and make it easier. Now it is just easier to take home. Lines are being blured, and freedom is at stake I feel.

Freedom? In the U.S. we now pay a much higher tax rate than we paid to the british before the boston tea party. It is now law to wear a helmet when riding a bicycle. Kids are being thrown in jail for 10 years + over money (piracy) while murderes and rapists get less time.

We are starting to turn the courtship of a man and a woman into an event. (Reality shows) When do the death penalty shows start? In a society when morals and decency are taught to us through a box that plugs into a wall where are we headed? What are your thoughts? I am talking about society as a whole, not you. Dont post well I don't...

Sponsored Links

#28660 - 01/28/03 09:03 AM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Loc: Portland, OR; USA
Me, Weeve, 80% of UPIN...

#28661 - 01/28/03 01:48 PM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
windead Offline

Loc: canada
Freedom? Considering almost every country is run by a totalitarian, north america is completely run by totalitarians, pretty much every human on earth is domesticated and if they find a group that isnt they send over scientists to study them which *completely* destroys the non-domesticated society, and there are lots more things that show just how "free" we are. social norms are at an all-time high, if we dont fit that mold we are shunned. Kicked out of society. we pretty much have to live the way they want us to or they fuck us over. Personally, i beleive big brother watches everyone...

#28662 - 01/28/03 04:00 PM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
fleshwound Offline

Loc: CO
hahaha.. i think i've been on every anti-depressant they make! oh- except for effexor. but i will probably be on that one soon. gotta call the doc in a few minutes but yes, things are way too fast paced and the mental/health problems are starting younger and younger in kids. it's pretty shitty when you're 7 years old and have post-traumatic stress syndrome. (Calvin has that.. he's JC's little bro) i remember when i was first diagnosed with my anxiety disorder. i was 11. it was still really rare i guess. but now i know a shitload of people that have problems with it.

#28663 - 01/28/03 04:10 PM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
sinetific Offline
nobody

Loc: Ann Arbor
The government breeds us to pay for their system. We are their workers, their cattle, their sheep. Whatever you want to call us. Do you not like the life your government maintains for you? Transportation, security, health care, indoor plumbing, heat, electricity, education, this access to information we call the internet? Maybe there's a rise of mentally ill people now, because we're able to address them, when before they would either be killed, or ignored, or something else along those lines. For some reason now we value life. All life is precious, or some crap like that. Thats exactly what I think of when I hear the names charles manson or jeffrey dohmer. Precious. Yeah they might of started off as normal babies, but there interpretation of society made them into whatever they were. There is a reason that people who dont fit the mold shunned, because we dont want them in our gene pool. In old times if someone had a birth defect they were thrown into a ravine, if they were nutz they were stoned to death or exiled. This isnt a recent phenomenon.

These words seem odd coming from my mouth. I used to think just like that and try to fight the system, but the system will win every time. The system is just the enactment of the views and interests of the majority of our population. If you try to go against the flow your just going to be swept away. The best thing is to jump in and try to change the direction once you get to the front.

#28664 - 01/28/03 04:53 PM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
SilentRage Offline
DollarDNS Owner

Loc: OH, USA
I dunno. Maybe I'm domesticated. Cause I don't smoke, I don't take drugs to calm myself or escape, and yet I don't get stressed out or depressed. And as long as the government leaves me alone, it can do what it wants. If they do something particularly stupid, then I'll keep up on current events, but otherwise, I don't really care. I don't read the newspaper except every monday when there's a Business & Technology section. As for a fast paced life? I keep mine at a walk. If everybody was just like me, then there'd be no wars, cause everybody would get along. I am the prototype they base heaven on. Just call me Jesus.

#28665 - 01/28/03 05:03 PM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
Scalli0n Offline

I'll post my true thoughts in the form of IRC logs:
Quote:

Do you not like the life your government maintains for you?
Not that that's personal criticism, just a note for when you write professionally.

#28666 - 01/28/03 05:05 PM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
windead Offline

Loc: canada
lol, we value life? Look at the world right now. Let's see, middle east has been fighting eachother for 1000's of years, theres war, famine, disease, and death in general everywhere, theres the war bush is starting up which he calls "The war where no one dies" of course, hes only talking about americans that wont die (arnt they the only ones that matter anyway?) our culture is based on greed, hate, rivallry, and everything that keeps us hating something or someone all the time. We're never "at peace" or "happy" so we're never free.

#28667 - 01/28/03 05:12 PM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
SilentRage Offline
DollarDNS Owner

Loc: OH, USA
gosh dang, that IRC quote makes it look like I think the same way. I truly don't care what you guys talk about, I just don't find them as much of an issue - hence my sarcastic post, and the humor I found in it.

#28668 - 01/28/03 11:16 PM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
$500,000 Bentley Offline

Loc: SXM
anyone ever read the book rainbow six?the baddys had a solution to the fast paced improvement in computers etc.

#28669 - 01/28/03 11:57 PM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
Scalli0n Offline

yeah that was a good book. of late though, Tom Clancy's work looks more theatrical and less realistic - but then again, he's delving into the future with the rate at which his books progress, and as he does that, the probability of those events decreases (I.E. Jack Ryan - falling into Gov't service, a few years later, he's president.)

#28670 - 01/29/03 01:03 AM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
ohfuk Offline
UGN Supporter

the natural order of things is disorder. look at nature, for it is in nature that you will find truth. the elements will scatter ever particly of this planet all over if not controled. well not everything, but you should get the idea. society tries to control everthing, so there will be less disorder, for it is only this way that we can succeed in societies eyes. basically- society drives us away from nature, away from truth. This can seriously fuck with individuals heads. and it seriously fucks people up.

#28671 - 01/29/03 01:52 AM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
sinetific Offline
nobody

Loc: Ann Arbor
Don't confuse physics with human nature. I really dont think humans tend to go towards disorder, anarchy, or chaos, because we wouldn't have any type of society if that were true. Humans, if left alone in some island tribe or some shit, always form communities and establish some sort of leadership within it. If thats not order what is?

Scally, I kinda like the way that sounds and I cant really think of a way to re-word it to get the same effect as when I say it that way. I guess I could've used a contraction but, to me, it would have lost emphasis.

#28672 - 01/29/03 05:19 AM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
Scalli0n Offline

You sound like an english teacher from the 1800's.

Try "What's so terrible about the life your gov't provides for you?"

Use different vocabulary to bypass inversion.

#28673 - 01/29/03 06:17 AM Re: Our fast paced society and its impact on us
Drake Offline
UGN Member

Loc: Long Beach, California
I can't bring myself to work up as much anti-government enthusiasm as you all seem to be doing. I agree with silentrage. most of the stuff they do doesn't seem to affect me, so i don't care.
windead, please excuse me for my ignorance, but who exactly are the totalitarians running north america?
sintax, the only people i know who are on drugs, need to be on drugs. i don't know much about rise in mental illness or anything, but if byron wasn't on anti-depressants he'd have commited suicide, and if jordan wasn't on whatever the fuk he's on, he's probably have killed somebody else by now. i realize those names don't mean anything to you, there just friends of mine.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Featured Member
Forum Stats
2145 Members
46 Forums
33352 Topics
68519 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 10:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 26515
Gremelin 7192
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
Jimmie Menon, fghijk435948, Devo60, ali, lavos
2147 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 688 Guests and 309 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!