UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37771 - 12/28/02 12:08 AM Re: Birth of the first human clone will be soon
fleshwound Offline

Loc: CO
well.. now we're going to have even MORE stupid people in this world. human cloning is only a good idea if the person they are cloning is me. cuz then i could have an entire army of thousands and thousands of me! then i will take over the world! muhahahahaha

Sponsored Links

#37772 - 12/28/02 12:25 AM Re: Birth of the first human clone will be soon
BackSlash Offline
UGN's Resident Homo

Loc: TN
i support cloning, so long as the clone is treated like a human, and not subjected to excessive experiments.

#37773 - 12/28/02 01:37 AM Re: Birth of the first human clone will be soon
CyberNerd Offline

Loc: Here
well basically digital geek and silent rage summed up my feelings on the subject, people wont leave this clone alone everyone will know that it is a clone due to the media and it is a baby right so lets say you send it to a normal public school kids are pests who love finding fault in someone and just making fun of it. I see no possible way of the clone ever being treated like a normal child it might not be subject to excessive experiments but it will still be experimented on to a certain degree after all what would be the point in making it if you couldnt study it. I really think most people would agree that the world isnt ready for cloning we still have many many problems to solve. I'd like to reffer to the most famous book about a human creating life...Frankenstein, and we all know how that one turned out.

there is no reason to clone an entire human being other than to prove you could do it and with the enormous amount of potential for things to go wrong with that it seems just incredibly stupid to me that scientists are doing it

#37774 - 12/28/02 06:34 PM Re: Birth of the first human clone will be soon
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Loc: Portland, OR; USA
Flesh, I'll take 2, since I just can't get enough of just one ...

#37775 - 12/29/02 06:10 PM Re: Birth of the first human clone will be soon
Cold Sunn Offline
UGN GFX Whore

Loc: us
I'd love to get in on some of that Fleshy, gimme 3 of Fleshwound, 1 of Jon, and 1 Gizmo. Are there any specials on Neo?

#37776 - 12/29/02 09:45 PM Re: Birth of the first human clone will be soon
Digital Geek Offline
UGN Super Poster

Loc: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
It has begun ...

December 30 2002

"The company that claims to have created the world's first cloned human says the baby, nicknamed Eve, will come home to the United States tomorrow.

The baby is flying into the country with her family, Brigitte Boisselier said today, two days after she announced the child's birth.

Boisselier is chief executive of Clonaid, the cloning company affiliated with a religious sect that believes space aliens launched life on Earth."

Read more about it here.

Question : I wonder how would you react if you found out that you were made by a company that believes space aliens launched life on Earth, and that this women thinks she is the first clone. Not even talking that they are affiliated with a religious sect.

I know I wouldn't take it wery well ...

"Boisselier's comments today came two days after she announced at a Florida news conference that Clonaid scientists had produced the world's first cloned baby."

I wonder how many attempts were made, to actually succed in cloning a human ? How many babyes were killed in the proces and how many were killed after they saw tey were not quite perfect. For the cloning of a sheep, Dolly, they had arround 600 attempts.

#37777 - 12/30/02 12:46 AM Re: Birth of the first human clone will be soon
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Loc: Portland, OR; USA
::puts on chefs hat::

We have special, cream of Leon Suop!@ 5 dollah!
Moguai for sale, $500
Fleshy Wound for sale, $1000
A con of the jon, $355

Please have money in hand while coming to window, ktnx!

#37778 - 12/30/02 02:01 PM Re: Birth of the first human clone will be soon
ohfuk Offline
UGN Supporter

gizmos pimpin'!

#37779 - 01/03/03 02:54 PM Re: Birth of the first human clone will be soon
Drake Offline
UGN Member

Loc: Long Beach, California
"She also said a second cloned baby is due to be born next week to a lesbian couple in northern Europe."

This Clonaid company is sure opening up a can of worms there. First off, they're doing the clone thing which is going to have a lot of people against them, and now they're advocating a form of gay "adoption." Personally, I don't really have any strong opinions on the matter, but almost everybody I know thinks that is wrong.
Now, on human cloning. I would have had nothing against it, if it was done in a couple decades from now, when we were more secure in our understanding of the process. The first clone was what? 6 years ago? that's all? Also, we're already going to have problems with overpopulation, we don't need more people, we need less people. I heard China has put restricitons on how many children a family is allowed to have which seems like a good idea to me. Is that true?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Featured Member
Forum Stats
2150 Members
46 Forums
35743 Topics
70913 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 05:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 28904
Gremelin 7193
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
HushHush, golqm, Tim050, Gecko666, defghi795767
2150 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 353 Guests and 338 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News
luxury goods sales at $405B by 2019
by golqm
10/28/14 05:19 AM

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!