Some xajax features
* xajax is object oriented to maintain tighter relationships between the code and data, and to keep the xajax code separate from other code. Because it is object oriented, you can add your own custom functionality to xajax by extending the xajaxResponse class and using the addScript() method.
* xajax works in Firefox, Mozilla, probably other Mozilla based browsers, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
* In addition to updating element values and innerHTML, xajax can be used to update styles, css classes, checkbox and radio button selection, or nearly any other element attribute.
. It even works with complex input names like "checkbox" and "name[first]" to produce multidimensional and associative arrays, just as if you had submitted the form and used the PHP $_GET array
* xajax automatically compares the data returned from the PHP functions to the data that is already in the attribute of the element you have marked for change. The attribute is only updated with the new data if it will actually change what is already in the attribute. This eliminates the flicker often observed in applications that update content at a regular time interval with data which may or may not differ from extant content.
* Each function registered to be accessible through xajax can have a different request type. All functions default to use POST unless GET is explicitly set. This is to encourage careful consideration of when to use GET requests
* If no request URI is specified, xajax tries to autodetect the URL of the script. The xajax autodetection algorithm is sophisticated enough that, on most servers, it will work under a secure https:// protocol as well as http:// and with nonstandard ports.
* xajax encodes all of its requests and responses in UTF-8 so that it can support a wider range of characters and languages. xajax has been successfully tested with various unicode characters including Spanish, Russian, Arabic, and Hebrew
Then you can use
in your header template to use xajax on your site.
Man I have got to learn this [censored]...