Your browser does not seem to support CSS. If images appear below, please disregard them.
It appears that you're running an Ad-Blocker. This site is monetized by Advertising and by User Donations; we ask that if you find this site helpful that you whitelist us in your Ad-Blocker, or make a Donation to help aid in operating costs.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#16426 - 03/02/04 02:12 AM new kernel  
Gollum Offline
Gollum  Offline

i was just curious, how many ppl are running the new kernel since it has been released? i just recently finished getting up 2.6.3 on slack. only took a few tries too, which i don't think is too bad for my first attempt at compiling and installing a kernel. my only problem was that, the retard that i am, i kept forgetting to compile reiser fs into the kernel. and after my first failed attempt, i knew this was the problem, and the second try i forgot about it. oh well. the first thing i noticed is it does run faster and so far i haven't had any problesms at all.//

Unbodied unsouled unheard unseen
Let the gift be grown in the time to call our own
Truth is natural like a wind that blows
Follow the direction no matter where it goes
Let the truth blow like a hurricane through me
Sponsored Links
#16427 - 03/02/04 08:15 AM Re: new kernel  
UndeadBob Offline
UndeadBob  Offline

i have tried too. it was succesful except or two things. the sound card never work an neither does the network card. but aside from that it is good. i noticed a big speed improvement on it as well.

"Mrs. Jones, I'm sorry to inform you, but we've run the tests, and it appears that you have XP. Now don't cry - it's bad, but it's not a death sentence. Modern science has advanced in recent years, and it's now possible to live a reasonably happy life with XP. And there's a survivor's group that you'll want to meet as well."
#16428 - 03/02/04 09:19 AM Re: new kernel  
sinetific Offline
sinetific  Offline

Ann Arbor
I like the new 2.6 kernel compiling is a lot easier it's faster, more organized, better hardware support especially for sound.

Member Spotlight
SC, usa
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Average Daily Posts12
Most Online1,567
Apr 25th, 2010
Latest Postings
Top Posters(All Time)
UGN Security 40,225
Gremelin 7,195
§intå× 3,255