Ok,

I am exited! Why? cause I just installed FreeBSD 4.6 and its the shits! From all of the recent *nix installs I have done, I love this one.

It is simple, it is fast and it does not install a load of crap you dont want to install. Everything is editable - a bit like expert mode on some other installs. It asks you for everything in plain english, no [censored] around and you have your New Unix system installed in less than 10 minutes.

The boot loader, I have besides FBSD also win2k installed. I thought allright I will just copy the boot info from fbsd to a file that Ill stick in the root of c: an then point boot.ini to it.

Why? Damn it the boot manager from Fbsd is great, no shitting around, very simple!

I now have!

Boot:
DOS F1
DOS F2
FreeBSD F3

F1, F2 or F3 how much simpler can it get? no data corruption whats so ever with the fdisk tool they have provided - its so simple I bet my 3 year old brother could do it if he was able to read!

It gives you the options of installing 3rd party packages straight away - this is nice!!!

And it install just the necessary unless u tell it otherwise.

So I am very happy - FreeBSD dev robots - HATS OFF!!!

Im now off to configure the system so I can do some NFS installs like Gnome and [censored]!

I am telling you guys, go FBSD you will not regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<psychogen>> the happy one!

The use of "hacker" to mean "security breaker" is a confusion on the part of the mass media. We hackers refuse to recognize that meaning, and continue using the word to mean, "Someone who loves to program and enjoys being clever about it."
--------------------
"Its not a bug, its a feature" (Epic Games)