Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#5649 01/15/04 08:16 AM
G
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
G
when was I ever sticking up for Bush? read my posts, then we'll talk.

boys lie.

<sintax>
No we do not!!!!
</sintax>
#5650 01/15/04 10:56 AM
S
S
have your senses really sharpened, george bush is bin laden.

#5651 01/15/04 11:05 AM
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
our actions echo into eternity.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
#5652 01/27/04 08:58 PM
The President?s Jobs and Growth Act of 2003 will create jobs and grow the economy by:
Speeding up the 2001 tax cuts to increase the pace of economic recovery and job creation
Encouraging job-creating investment in America?s businesses by providing dividend and capital gains tax relief and giving small businesses incentives to grow
Providing $20 billion in aid to States for necessary services

Supporting Early Learning: No Child Left Behind targets resources for early childhood education so that all youngsters get the right start on reading and math.
Measuring Student Performance: A student's progress in reading and math must be measured in each of grades 3 through 8 and at least once during high school.
Providing Information for Parents: States and school districts must give parents detailed report cards on schools and districts, explaining which are succeeding and why.
Giving Options Over Failing Schools: Children will no longer be trapped in failing schools. If a school continues to fail some children will be able to transfer to higher-performing local schools, receive free tutoring or attend after-school programs.
Ensuring More Resources for Schools: Today, public schools spend an average $7,000 a year per student. Under President Bush?s leadership federal funding for education has increased 59.8% from 2000 to 2003.

Creation of the Terrorist Threat Integration Center (TTIC): TTIC will merge and analyze all threat information collected domestically and abroad in a single location.
Launch of the Container Security Initiative: The Container Security Initiative establishes tough new procedures and created new partnerships with the world?s largest ports to target high-risk cargo before it leaves for our shores.
Signing of the Smart Border Declaration: The United States and Canada signed the Smart Border Declaration, outlining 30 action items for increasing security, enhancing joint law enforcement, improving physical and technological infrastructure, and facilitating the trade and movement of people between the two countries.
Launched the Homeland Security Command Center: a national 24-7 watch operation
Improvement of Airport Security: More than 50,000 newly trained federal screeners are deployed at our nation?s airports, where new baggage inspection equipment helped TSA institute 100 percent checked baggage screening.
Reorganizing the FBI: The FBI transformed into an agency focused on preventing domestic terrorism.

The President signed into law on December 3, 2003 the Healthy Forests Restoration Act of 2003 that will improve the long-term health of our Nation?s forests and rangelands. The Bill that was passed with bipartisan support will:
Bolster early public participation in finding priority forest health projects to reduce hazardous fuels and restore damaged forest and rangelands. Projects will be selected using a collaborative process involving local, tribal, state, Federal and non-governmental entities.
Save the lives and communities of those who live around public forest and rangelands which have been neglected for decades by making forests healthy and saving endangered species;
Decrease the threat of destructive wildfires in wooded areas by accelerating the thinning and clearing of deadwood, which acts as fuel for such fires that threaten physical and financial wellbeing, water supply systems and the environment;
Provide funding within the Forest Service that will support technical, financial and related assistance to increase State?s ability to address issues on non-Federal forested land;
Issue clear guidance for court action against forest health projects, and comply with all environmental statutes.

President Bush Signs Healthy Forests Initiative into Law

December 8, 2003: President Bush Signs Historic Medicare Legislation

President Bush today joined a bipartisan group of lawmakers to sign into law the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003. This historic legislation will help to create a modern Medicare system, allow for the biggest improvements in senior health care in nearly 40 years, and provide seniors with prescription drug benefits and more choices in health care.

President Bush applauded Congress for keeping our promise to America?s seniors by giving seniors more choices, better benefits ? including prescription drug coverage ? and real savings.

Prescription Drug Savings for America?s Seniors

For the first time in the history of Medicare, a prescription drug benefit will be offered to all 40 million seniors and disabled Americans in Medicare to help them afford the cost of their medicines.
Seniors will start seeing help quickly. Beginning next year, seniors will save 10-25% off the cost of most medicines through a Medicare-approved drug discount card which they can use at their local pharmacy. Since the typical senior spends $1,285 annually on his or her medicines, the card could save a senior who lacks drug coverage as much as $300 annually. The drug card will provide savings until the full drug benefit goes into effect.
Beginning in 2006, seniors without coverage will be able to join a Medicare-approved plan that will cut their yearly drug costs roughly in half, in exchange for a $35 monthly premium. In many cases, the savings will be even greater.
Seniors with no drug coverage and monthly drug costs of $200 will save more than $1,700 on drug costs each year.
Seniors with no drug coverage and monthly drug costs of $800 will save nearly $5,900 on drug costs each year.
Seniors will be protected against high out-of-pocket costs with Medicare covering 95% of drug costs over $3,600 per year.
Low-income seniors will receive additional help paying for their medicines.
A $600 annual subsidy will be added to their drug discount card.
There will be no additional premium, no deductible and low co-payments ($2 for generic or $5 for brand-name drugs) for seniors with limited savings and incomes at or below 135% of poverty (individuals with yearly incomes under $12,123 and senior couples under $16,362).
There will be reduced premium, a $50 deductible, and 15% co-insurance (85% of their drug costs would be covered) for seniors with limited savings and incomes between 135% and 150% of the federal poverty level (individuals with yearly incomes under $13, 470 and senior couples under $18,180).

i'll have more soon//

Unbodied unsouled unheard unseen
Let the gift be grown in the time to call our own
Truth is natural like a wind that blows
Follow the direction no matter where it goes
Let the truth blow like a hurricane through me
#5653 01/27/04 09:20 PM
D
D
Gollum, I respect you a lot more than most Republicans because you actually try and back up your support of Bush with facts. However, there are some things they don't report on FOX NEWS:

On the environment: http://www.nrdc.org/bushrecord/default.asp

No Child Left Behind:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/2001831790_dean08.html

#5654 01/27/04 10:16 PM
thanks, i feel the same way, where i will respect anyone's opinion, as long as they have the facts to back it up. however, i dont' even think i would consider myself a republican. too many things in that party piss me off. i figure i'm more or less somewhere between conservative or independant...eh, screw classification, lol.//

#5655 01/28/04 04:50 PM
T
T
He hasn't really done much of anything with terrorists... he was really very unsuccessful. So, to get people to stop thinking about afghanistan we decided to start another war in iraq! yippee!

If good things lasted forever, would we realize how precious they are?
-Hobbes, Calvin and Hobbes
#5656 01/29/04 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tretruhi:
He hasn't really done much of anything with terrorists... he was really very unsuccessful. So, to get people to stop thinking about afghanistan we decided to start another war in iraq! yippee!
And this surprises anyone? Give him another 4 yrs in office, and he will go to war with another country to make everyone forget about those damn WOMD!

P.S. I wonder what excuse he will use to start that war?

No matter how complex a lock may be. Someone will always find a key.
#5657 01/30/04 01:56 AM
Shinobi Offline OP
UGN Member
OP Offline
UGN Member
* Imatates president bush *
" Switzerland has constantly threatened our watch making and our cattle industrys! I have found that they are the cause of the mysterious cattle mutalations! I will be sending all our troops there and THIS WILL NOT STAND!!! "

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Albert Einstein

Tech Ninja Security
#5658 01/30/04 03:43 AM
T
T
Yeah, damn those swiss cattle growers.

If good things lasted forever, would we realize how precious they are?
-Hobbes, Calvin and Hobbes
#5659 01/31/04 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shinobi:
* Imatates president bush *
" Switzerland has constantly threatened our watch making and our cattle industrys! I have found that they are the cause of the mysterious cattle mutalations! I will be sending all our troops there and THIS WILL NOT STAND!!! "
ROTFLOL! Good one Shinobi.

You have to be a little crazy to keep from going insane!
#5660 01/31/04 08:06 PM
Shinobi Offline OP
UGN Member
OP Offline
UGN Member
*Takes a Small bow* Thank you thank you..

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Albert Einstein

Tech Ninja Security
#5661 02/04/04 03:30 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/lopez/lopez200401300935.asp

i just heard about that one a few days ago, but it took forever to find an article on it. i think it's less that he doesn't do as many good things, and more that people are still concerned with mistakes that he's made. not that they should be ignored...but when he does something good i think it deserves as much publicity as when he does something bad. but that's hardly the case.//

#5662 02/14/04 01:10 AM
D
D
republican or democrat?
there is no such thing. both of these are just illusions to blind the american people of what is really going on. our vote doesn't count. there is no vote. it is all an illusion to keep us in an uproar instead of focusing on what the real problems are.
bush is only following orders. he is just a figure head, as all other presidents before him and after him. he is doing as he is told.
slowly and secretely are so-called rights are being taken away from us and we are moving to a police state.
it is obvious that noone has rights any more. the hidden rulership of this country and maybe even the world, has allowed the events of 9-11 to occur to blind americans of their true intentions. with everyone in an uproar about these so-called terrorists, we are willing to give up certain freedoms in an attempt to stop terrorism. yet, the terrorism lies within. bush and the terrorists and oil!!! certain fundamental liberties have been stripped from us and soon, when we are all concerned about something trivial like janet jackson's breast instead of what is really going on, when our heads are turned, the entire world will be under one evil government, one extremely large police state, with no rights or freedoms of our own.
many see what is going on but noone is doing anything. many disagree with the so-called war on terrorism and bush as being president. there was even an attempt to have him impeached but not enough movement by the american public. the majority of the american public didn't even have knowledge of this attempted impeachment because it was not portrayed on the mass media, with good reason, because it too is controlled by this hidden ruler/rulers.
this country was built on freedoms and the need for independance and privacy. it is time to actually do something about our lives being taken from us instead of concerning ourselves with the trivial things that the media tells us is important. the media blinds the public with janet jackson's breast and other such topics to keep us occupied while our lives are being murdered.
now i ask, who is going to do something? who is going to take back what the aluminate has stolen from us? who is going to stop the masons?
probably noone.
probably noone because we are all too busy convicting michael jackson of child molestation.
probably noone because everyone is preoccupied and blinded.
...but something has to be done.....
don't vote..what's the point..the next figure head is already lined up and our vote is just an illusion to make us think that we have some kind of control, which we don't
it's time to take back what is ours..

#5663 02/14/04 09:05 PM
?Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for temporal safety deserve neither to be safe or free.?
I think that quote is almost overused in today's society. But, you can't argue with it. It's simple, to the point, and true. While I can't argue with the fact that there are a few laws passed which I'm not entirely happy with (Patriot Act for one) I also can't complain that I don't realistically have enough freedom. I can go about my day, week, or year, doing what I want to do, and don't have to worry about being silenced or arrested. In fact, the only people being "silenced" or arrested are active protesters, who think they only way to get their message out is to inconvenience other people. Like those protesters in LA (or was it San Fran?) who stopped traffic. Who are they to do that? Just because they have a point to make they have to bother other people? I find protesting one of the most ignorant, lowest and most despicable forms of self expression of one's beliefs. When I hear that those people were arrested, y'know what I say? Good. They deserve it. Not, "Oh, it's The Man trying to keep us down again." There are far more ways to get your voice heard. But back to my main point. We continually batter the President and the government on this board. Yet we still retain our freedom of speech. And people still complain. Now obviously, we shouldn't be waiting until it's too late. If indeed we are heading towards a 1984-like time, it's not gonna happen overnight. You fight the small battles to win the war. Saying something like "we have no more freedom" is too broad (and might I add incorrect) a statement to have any bearing at all. I'm happy where my freedoms are. Mostly....Right now I'm not happy that I have to register my car, and get it inspected, and pay huge amounts of late fees on tickets...but such is life. Those laws weren't passed yesterday. But things like the DMCA are things which we should be fighting. Apart from those, the laws of this country have almost no bearing on my life in such a way to make me uncomfortable. Without laws though, this country would be an anarchy. And those people that would be taking your money wouldn't be the government, where at least some of it gets put back to the public in forms of schools, but it would be the drug dealers and thugs taking it for themselves. If you complain about freedom now, try it without the government. The government is there FOR the people, and if the people don't like it, they can choose to get rid of it. I also dont' believe the American people will let themselves succumb to a police state. Anyway, what I'm getting at, is that while there are things I'm not entirely happy with, I'd rather live here than anywhere else.

Anyway, seeing as how I just got back from a Shins concert last night (they rocked, backstage passes, wooo). I have this song which is stuck in my head from them called "So Says I" I suggest checking it out.

And that's that with that.

*EDIT*
One more thing I meant to add and talk more about. In my opinion, I dont' think it's the government we have to worry about. The government will always be corrupt, but it will always be under our control. The good people end up being those that dont' want to be involved in politics...or those that criticize it. The real problem are corporations using their money to control the government. The RIAA and the MPAA are just the beginning. If you're worried about your freedom, don't blame the government, that won't help. Watch the giant conglomerates, they'll be the one's to take away your freedoms. They have money to gain from it.
*EDIT*//

#5664 02/23/04 02:27 PM
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
[censored] people, how about...[censored] Bush, what if he was president again? Are we gonna solve the middle east peace crisis now with bombs? Dood did what no one could, he's snorted crack, he's a puppet with strings, he backed up the crying couch ridden masses of wtc suffering people a majority of who had nothing to do with it, other then that "they had a friend who had a friend" or that "their an american". Htf is any of this different from WWII or [censored] anything, horrible [censored] happened, we killed ppl, ppl killed us, blably [censored] bla. I for one think if the people STOP PUSHING THIS TRASHY [censored] [censored], it'll go away, and we can all switch to topics of discussion that hold more validity, and much more broadening horizons then squabbles over stupid crap.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
#5665 02/28/04 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gollum:
In fact, the only people being "silenced" or arrested are active protesters, who think they only way to get their message out is to inconvenience other people.
Remember the Boston tea party? They were active protesters to. If it weren't for people like that we would still be bowing to A King. There comes a time when the legal system either can't or won't do it's job, that's where active protesting comes in.

You have to be a little crazy to keep from going insane!
#5666 03/08/04 10:41 AM
B
Aptenodytes Forsteri
Aptenodytes Forsteri
B
Seems like a democrat-dominated board here wink . It seems i've said this before a million times, but i'll say it again.

I thought Bush did the right thing after 9/11. The world was more than willing to help out and we went and kick the **** out of the taliban in Afghanistan. With Clinton, although i'd debate it, i think he might have done the same. Remember, he did go into Iraq in 1998 when Hussein was once again holding his chin up to the rest of the world, but we would never know.

But i do think Bush jumped the gun on the Iraq ordeal. Now i can't say this all the way, until the information he received becomes un-classifide in 25 or so years stfu

Sorry, i am kinda ranting here, but this my opinion. I'm not angry, just frustrated at democrats(not any of you in particular) who continue to whine and [censored] while not backing up with alternatives.

However, it is my firm opinion, that no matter whose right and wrong; this retarded fued will only be resolved once another candidate is elected. I don't like Kerry, so i'm voting Nader. At least he's addressed the truth here, and he wants to legalize certain ..items.. wink duah

nuf talk, gotta go fix a couple of hacks fur giz(zy|mo) laugh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics33,840
Posts68,858
Average Daily Posts1
Members2,176
Most Online3,253
Jan 13th, 2020